Sunday 20 November 2011

A really clever trailer parody

Here is a really funny trailer parody of the Assassin's Creed Revelations E3 (Electronic Entertainment expo) 2011 trailer made by the Youtube user of Tobuscus. At first, I thought this was a lame video made by a popular guy on Youtube that tries way too hard to be funny, but I gave this video a second chance and it was funny and clever. Some of the funny parts include the part where Tobuscus was making fun of editing techniques like the fade in, the white screen, and slow motion. Tobouscus made fun of the use of the camera pan in the trailer. The song had some really clever lyrics and Tobuscus kept on singing things that I never really expected him to sing. The parts in the lyrics where Tobouscus made fun of the production techniques used in this trailer went surprinsginly well with the flow of the song. I never really expected him to make clever jokes about editing techniques in a song like "Iron" by Woodkid. All I can say is that this is a great parody to a great trailer. 

Probably the only gripe I have with this parody in the it called "literal" that to me implies that the video may be a live action version of the trailer but when I click on the video it a guy making a parody. One way how Tobuscus advertises his literal parodies is the way he uses the word "literal." That to me is somewhat false advertisment, but maybe the use of the word "literal" may also imply that the parody will contain a lot of forth wall jokes, and makes fun the way how the trailer is produced.


Literal Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer:


Original E3 2011 trailer:
                                      

1 comment:

  1. Dipiction creator,
    Be sure to create a sidebar or blog explanation somewhere under your blog title to explain your reason for creating this blog. Also, think some more about design and layout of the blog to give it a MEDIA 'look'. I want visuals. Media is full of visuals.

    ReplyDelete